Ethnic Concerns Consultation
Registration will open soon!
October 5-7, 2018
Ethnic Concerns Consultation
The Ethnic Concerns Consultation, or ECC, has been encouraging and providing avenues for ethnic groups to be connected to and involved in the ministry of the Presbyterian Church (USA), but more than that, the ECC is dedicated to bringing education and awareness of the concerns of ethnic groups to all of Christendom. All are welcome to join us at Zephyr Point in October as we come together to enable spiritual growth and cultural awareness and learn how the ECC will advocate for racial and economic justice issues in the church and society.
About the ECC
It was January of 1973 when the first Ethnic Consultation of Evangelism and Mission was held – the purpose of which was to share ethnic concerns and to explore ways of Christian outreach meaningful to ethnic persons. The Ethnic Concerns Committee (now called the Ethnic Concerns Consultations or ECC) emerged from the initial consultation and represented nine ethnic backgrounds and churches in the Sierra Mission Area (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Black, Native American, Latino, Assyrian and Armenian).
The Vision of the ECC
The Ethnic Concerns Committee will come together to enable spiritual growth and cultural awareness. The ECC will also advocate for racial and economic justice issues in the Church and society.
The ECC Will:
- Nurture cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- Participate in education and consensus building around racial and economic justice issues for the purpose of taking stands as the ECC.
- Involve newly emerging ethnic churches/fellowship, being especially sensitive to language needs.
- Enable total involvement of the ECC membership in all the activities of the annual Consultation.
- Increase spiritual emphasis and theological basis for our activities.
- Plan worship that involves all the ethnic groups.
We are looking forward to welcoming Rev. Jimmie Ray Hawkins as the Keynote Speaker for this September’s retreat.
Rev. Jimmie Ray Hawkins is the Director of the Presbyterian Office of Public Witness in Washington, D.C. This year’s focus will be Racial and Economic Justice, with Rev. Hawkins talk Lift Every Voice and Sing.
Further information coming!
Room and Board
|Age||PCUSA Member Rate||Non-Member Rate (coming soon)|
|Adult (Single Occupancy Guest Room)||$235||$|
|Adult(Double Occupancy Guest Room)||$135||$|
|Adult (Cabin Housing)||$135||$|
|Youth (ages 13-17)||$120||$|
|Child (ages 4-12)||$115||$|
|Child (ages 0-3)||No Charge||No Charge|
To Register click on the “Register Now” button at the top of the page. Be sure to make a note of all dietary needs, mobility issues, and roommate requests during the registration process.
- Includes meals: Monday dinner through Wednesday breakfast
- Non-refundable/non-transferable deposit due with registration $50
- Registration and Balance due 14 days before event start date