2022 Event: October 14-16th
The Zephyr Point Women’s Retreat provides a chance to get away and experience the rest, relaxation, and re-creation afforded by the majestic setting of Lake Tahoe.
2022 Event Details:
Dates: October 14-16th
Theme: “The Sacred Art of Wasting Time”
Featured Speaker: Marielle Evans
Marielle Evans (aka Marz) is a nonprofit strategist, social entrepreneur, graphic designer, writer, woodworker, and wrangler of 2 little kids, Eleanor (4) and Theodore (2), and 1 big dog, (T.S.) Eliot.
She graduated Princeton Theological Seminary in 2015 with an MDiv focused on Pastoral Care and Counseling, and spent the bulk of her pre-pandemic career in nonprofit leadership. Before kids, she and her husband, Dan, were semi-professional nomads, moving across the country 5 times in 4 years but have since planted deep roots in Livermore, CA on the outskirts of the Bay Area. In 2020, Marielle launched her brand strategy agency for social entrepreneurs and non-profits that helps organizations make more of an impact through better storytelling and creative strategy.
In her off-hours while not running a business or wrangling kids, Marielle can be found most often in her garage workshop woodworking, a hobby that she fondly calls her “Sawdust Therapy”. At the core, Marielle believes that God is a God of stories, who works in us and through us by the stories we share and celebrate.
You can find out more about her work and her writing at missionwithmarz.com.
- Time to rest and relax and recharge your emotional battery
- Free time on Saturday afternoon to enjoy Lake Tahoe
- Optional hike to a beautiful destination in the Lake Tahoe Basin or an optional craft prepared by the Zephyr Point staff
- Opportunity to kayak, canoe, or paddle-board on the lake near Zephyr Point, with no additional cost
- Spending time at Zephyr Point’s private beach: swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing
Room and Board Rates
To Register click on the “Register Now” button at the top of the page. Be sure to make a note of all dietary needs, mobility issues, and roommate requests during the registration process.
Or you can call (775) 588-6759 ext 113 or email Program@zephyrpoint.org
- Registration and Balance due 14 days before event start date
- Includes Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast
- Non-refundable/non-transferable deposit due with registration: $100 per adult
- Accommodations for the 2022 event will be in the Tallac Center (hotel rooms). Most rooms furnished with two queen beds and private bathroom.