2022 Event: October 14-16th
The Zephyr Point Women’s Retreat provides a chance to get away and experience the rest, relaxation, and re-creation afforded by the majestic setting of Lake Tahoe.
2022 Event Details:
Dates: October 14-16th
Theme: “The Sacred Art of Wasting Time”
Featured Speaker: Marielle Evans
Marielle Evans (aka Marz) is a nonprofit strategist, social entrepreneur, graphic designer, writer, woodworker, and wrangler of 2 little kids, Eleanor (4) and Theodore (2), and 1 big dog, (T.S.) Eliot.
She graduated Princeton Theological Seminary in 2015 with an MDiv focused on Pastoral Care and Counseling, and spent the bulk of her pre-pandemic career in nonprofit leadership. Before kids, she and her husband, Dan, were semi-professional nomads, moving across the country 5 times in 4 years but have since planted deep roots in Livermore, CA on the outskirts of the Bay Area. In 2020, Marielle launched her brand strategy agency for social entrepreneurs and non-profits that helps organizations make more of an impact through better storytelling and creative strategy.
In her off-hours while not running a business or wrangling kids, Marielle can be found most often in her garage workshop woodworking, a hobby that she fondly calls her “Sawdust Therapy”. At the core, Marielle believes that God is a God of stories, who works in us and through us by the stories we share and celebrate.
You can find out more about her work and her writing at missionwithmarz.com.
- Time to rest and relax and recharge your emotional battery
- Free time on Saturday afternoon to enjoy Lake Tahoe
- Optional hike to a beautiful destination in the Lake Tahoe Basin or an optional craft prepared by the Zephyr Point staff
- Opportunity to kayak, canoe, or paddle-board on the lake near Zephyr Point, with no additional cost
- Spending time at Zephyr Point’s private beach: swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing
Room and Board Rates
To Register click on the “Register Now” button at the top of the page. Be sure to make a note of all dietary needs, mobility issues, and roommate requests during the registration process.
Or you can call (775) 588-6759 ext 113 or email Program@zephyrpoint.org
- Registration and Balance due 14 days before event start date
- Includes Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast
- Non-refundable/non-transferable deposit due with registration: $100 per adult
- Accommodations for the 2022 event will be in the Tallac Center (hotel rooms). Most rooms furnished with two queen beds and private bathroom.
Health and Safety Policies and Protocols
Here at Zephyr Point, the health and safety of our guests is always our first priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we are committed to crafting inclusive policies that will allow us to open all of our programs. Additionally, the reality of increased wildfire risk across the Western Region means that we need to be prepared for camp and program operations during periods of poor air quality due to wildfire smoke. Keeping our programs open requires creativity, logistical effort, and commitment on behalf of both Zephyr Point staff and program participants alike, and we thank you in advance for your commitment to keeping our community safe.
By registering for a Zephyr Point Summer program, you agree to follow the policies and procedures outlined in our Fall 2022 Program Health and Safety Plan (v4). Please be sure to review the policies for the program you will be participating in BEFORE registering. All of the policies in this plan are based on recommendations and directives from the following agencies and organizations:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- State of Nevada Declarations and Guidance
- Douglas County Department of Health and Human Services
- American Camping Association (ACA)
Of course, these guidelines are subject to change, so please plan to check back for revisions of this safety plan between now and the week prior to your scheduled program (the date at the top of the document will indicate the last revision). Any major policy changes will be sent directly to registrants.