Zephyr Point’s Response to COVID-19
In light of the continuing threat of COVID-19, Zephyr Point is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of all those who stay with us. To that end we have instituted protocols designed to ensure the safety of all. Please let us know if you have any questions related to following.
All guests are required to sign a liability waiver to be on property. Zephyr Point staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to work each day. Staff and guests are instructed to stay home if they have a fever, are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19.
Masks: In accordance with Directive 024 issued 6/24/20 from the State of Nevada, Zephyr Point is encouraging all guests to wear face coverings when on property, and requiring the use of face coverings in any indoor public spaces. This includes the front office, lobbies, conference rooms, and dining halls while not eating or drinking. We appreciate your compliance with the Governor’s directive and this policy of Zephyr Point, both of which are designed to ensure the safety of all our guests and staff. Read guidance on this directive from the State of Nevada here.
Distancing: A 6-foot distance between guests from different family units is recommended by the CDC.
- Housekeeping staff are following cleaning protocols in accordance with the Nevada Department of Health, using materials approved by the EPA to be effective against COVID-19.
- Public restrooms are cleaned three times per day.
- Door handles, push bars, elevator buttons and other common touch surfaces in public areas are disinfected twice daily. When occupied, the exterior handles of guest rooms in Tahoe and Tallac center are disinfected twice daily.
- Room keys are disinfected between every reservation.
- Hand sanitizer is available in common areas such as meeting rooms, lobbies, and the front office. Frequent hand washing by staff and guests is encouraged.
- Dining halls and kitchens are cleaned between every meal according to protocols approved by the Nevada Department of Health. Touch items such as beverage machines are disinfected frequently.
- The service line is marked for 6-foot distancing between guests.
- Tables and chairs are spaced with prescribed distances between guests.
- Servers are required to wear face coverings and gloves.
- The salad bar is open! An additional hand-sanitizing station is available at the beginning of the salad bar and gloves are available upon request.
- Options for snack and beverage service delivered to meeting spaces are limited.
- Effective May 1st, the occupancy limits for large events return to 100% capacity per the Douglas County Plan for COVID-19 Recovery.
- Cancellation allowances have been extended through the end of 2021 and are as follows:
- Reservations arriving 1/1/21 – 5/27/21: The deadline to reduce lodging units (Tallac and Tahoe Center guest rooms or cabins) up to 25% with no penalty is extended to 30 days before arrival. Cancellations made at least 30 days before arrival may transfer the deposit to a future reservation within approximately 12 months. Cancellations made within 30 days but no less than 10 days before arrival forfeit the deposit. Within 10 days, the standard terms of your contract apply.
- Reservations arriving 5/28/21 – 9/2/21: Cancellations made at least 180 days before arrival may transfer the deposit to a future reservation within approximately 12 months. Cancellations made within 180 days but no less than 90 days before arrival forfeit the deposit but additional cancellation fees are waived. Within 90 days, the standard terms of your contract apply.
- Reservations arriving 9/3/21 – 12/31/21: Cancellations made at least 180 days before arrival forfeit the deposit but additional cancellation fees are waived. Within 180 days, the standard terms of your contract apply.
- Following the guidance of local health authorities, each group should provide a list of group members along with their contact information in case health authorities need to trace a guest’s activity related to an outbreak of COVID-19.
Program Registrations: 2020 Zephyr Point sponsored programs have been cancelled. Protocols and procedures for 2021 are to come.
The Zephyr Point gift shop and coffee cabin are closed until further notice.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be directed to the right department.