Lenten Prayer Retreat
Registration will open January!
March 16-18, 2018
“Praying the Divine Office is a rich spiritual exercise that draws believers into an encounter with their Creator and creates resonance with Christians of all times who have submitted to the wisdom of the church by engaging in endless prayer and ceaseless song.”
– Dr. Clayton J. Schmit, Praying the Hours in Ordinary Life.
During the Spring season it can be easy to forget the forty days of Lent, building up to Easter. We become cocooned in the mundane business of our lives and the necessary time away that scripture implores us to take gets sacrificed and relegated to the the back burner. This Lenten season don’t allow that to happen and instead build into your schedule time for prayer and reflection on the sacrifice and accomplishments of Jesus Christ in his crucifixion and resurrection.
Zephyr Point’s Lenten Prayer Retreat is designed to serve this kind of opportunity. The weekend is set apart for exploring the disciplines of corporate prayer and worship by observing a 24 hour fast while praying through the Daily Offices, fixed hourly prayer that interweaves meditative reflections of scripture through contemplative reading and singing throughout the natural rhythms of the morning, afternoon, evening and night. In addition each prayer period is separated by three hours of personal time, where one can take a walk around the Zephyr Point grounds to take in the beauty of Lake Tahoe, read, spend time in fellowship with others, or even just rest. So come and join along with the ancients to observe time to focus our thoughts and prayers on giving glory to the God who both created and redeems us.
Vespers, Compline, Vigils, Lauds, Prime, Terce, Sext, None
Room and Board
|Single Occupancy (limited availability)||$245|
- Includes Friday & Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast
- Non-refundable deposit due with registration: $50 per adult
- To Register click on the “Register Now” button at the top of the page. Be sure to make a note of all dietary needs, mobility issues, and roommate requests during the registration process.
- Balance due 14 days prior to program start date
- Commuter options are available. Call the Program Ministry Registrar Coordinator for information at 775-588-6759 x 107.