Autumn Celtic Prayer Retreat
“Praying the Divine Office is a rich spiritual exercise that draws believers into an encounter with their Creator and creates resonance with Christians of all times who have submitted to the wisdom of the church by engaging in endless prayer and ceaseless song.”
– Dr. Clayton J. Schmit, Praying the Hours in Ordinary Life.
Autumn is a special time to visit Lake Tahoe. As summer comes to a close the temperatures begin to cool, and the aspen leaves begin to change creating an atmosphere of of calming transition throughout the Sierras. Autumn also presents a valuable time to reflect on the transitions that come within our lives, so what better way to mark such a season than with a time of contemplative prayer and reflection here at Zephyr Point?
Zephyr Point’s Autumn Prayer Retreat is designed to serve this kind of opportunity. Following a Celtic Christian theme using lectionary templates from the Iona Community, the weekend is set apart for exploring the disciplines of corporate prayer and worship by observing the ancient Christian tradition of praying through the Daily Offices. The “Offices” are fixed times for corporate prayer that interweave meditative reflections of scripture through contemplative readings and singing, observed throughout the natural rhythms of the morning, afternoon, evening and night time. In addition each prayer period is separated by three hours of personal time, where one can take a walk around the Zephyr Point grounds to take in the beauty of Lake Tahoe, read, spend time in fellowship with others, or even just rest. So come and join along with the ancients to observe time to focus our thoughts and prayers on giving glory to the God who both created and redeems us.
Vespers, Compline, Vigils, Lauds, Prime, Terce, Sext, None
Room and Board
|Single Occupancy (limited availability)||$225|
- Includes Friday & Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast
- Non-refundable deposit due with registration: $50 per adult
- To Register click on the “Register Now” button at the top of the page. Be sure to make a note of all dietary needs, mobility issues, and roommate requests during the registration process.
- Balance due 14 days prior to program start date
- Commuter options are available. Call the Program Ministry Registrar Coordinator for information at 775-588-6759 x 107.