Weekly, June 19 – August 11
Camp Zephyr General Information
Camp Zephyr is a 5-day, non-residential (not overnight), Christian based, summer day-camp program for first through sixth graders. Children must have completed kindergarten to attend camp. The program runs Monday – Friday, weekly from June 19th to August 11th. Camper Check-in begins at 8:45am and Pick-up is between 3:45 and 4:00pm.
The Medical Release Form must be filled out and emailed or faxed 7 days prior to the session start date – fill out the 2017 Medical release form.
A Life Changing, Summer Experience!
You don’t need to look too far from home for an incredible summer experience! At Zephyr Point your child will take an adventure, enjoying all that a week on Lake Tahoe has to offer! Under the supervision and direction of our Day Camp Summer Crew made up of energetic, college-age role models committed to caring for each individual camper, your children will have the opportunity to engage the Gospel and learn what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and an ambassador of His kingdom! Each day, campers will hear Biblical teaching through interactive story telling and lesson plans that share God’s redemptive plan to reconcile and renew all of Creation back to Himself. Our staff is well trained under relational ministry models to be sensitive to every camper’s needs, making your child’s personal/spiritual growth and safety the focal point and top priority of our ministry!
Early Drop-off and Late Pick-up needs
We understand that schedules can often be difficult to coordinate, so we are making an effort to accommodate this very practical need! For a reasonable fee we are offering an early drop-off option (starting at 7:45 am) and late pick-up option (concluding at 5:15pm).
Bus Transportation Schedule
Another opportunity offered is the Zephyr Point Bus Transportation Option. For an additional fee Camp Zephyr can provide roundtrip transportation both to and from selected regional locations throughout the Reno/Carson/Tahoe area
Safety is a priority at Zephyr Point. We will have lifeguards certified by the American Red Cross on duty at all times kids are in the water, and we will have additional CPR and First Aid certified staff on site.
The leadership team at Zephyr Point have decades of experience in helping kids make wise, Christ-centered decisions at this formative time in their lives, establishing a solid spiritual foundation through an incredibly fun experience. The stories we have seen and heard in years past are encouraging and exciting as we see young people discover the love that God has for each and every person. Zephyr Point has a rich history of being a place where people of all ages discover God’s call to ministry through missions, local churches, and through offering their lives in service to the Kingdom of God!
Registration Options This Year!!!
|Week 1: June 19-23||Reno|
|Week 2: June 26 – June 30||Carson City|
|Week 3: July 3-7||To be determined|
|Week 4: July 10-14||Incline|
|Week 5: July 17-21||South Tahoe|
|Week 6: July 24-28||Carson City|
|Week 7: July 31-August 4||Incline|
|Week 8: August 7-11||South Tahoe|
We understand that schedules are often difficult to accommodation, so we are making an effort to help with that! This summer we are offering the chance to drop your kids off earlier or pick them up later. The program from 7:45am – 9:00am and from 4:00pm – 5:15pm will still be heaps of fun, but it will be less involved than the regular program. Choose one (early arrival or late pickup) for $25 or do both for $40 for the week!
We are offering transportation to select geographic regions for the different weeks of Day Camp! We have a school bus that we can fill with up to 60 kids. An additional $30/week fee gets your child a daily round trip on the Zephyr Point bus. Check the table for the summer schedule for transportation coming to your area!
What to Bring
Backpack, lunch, snack, water bottle, closed toe shoes, swimwear, towel and sunscreen.
*Optional items: Water shoes, sun glasses, hat.
* Includes a $50 non-refundable/non-transferable deposit
|Early drop off OR late pick up||$25|
|Early drop off AND late pick up||$40|
- Program fees do not include transportation. Transportation may be available in your area. Please call the Zephyr Point Program Department (775-588-6759 x 107) for more information.
- The Medical Release Form must be filled out and emailed or faxed 7 days prior to the session start date – fill out the 2017 Medical release form.
- Balance due 7 days prior to session start date.
- Registration closes 7 days prior to session start date.
See What People Are Saying About Day Camp
- “Our kids had a WONDERFUL week! We will be returning next year for sure. We loved all the counselors and they are still re-enacting plays and singing songs!”
- “The kids learned new Bible stories and seemed to embrace the messages within the stories.”
- “My girls loved the day camp and will be attending next year. Their favorite was the bow and arrow shooting. They also loved catching crawdads. Thanks for giving us this opportunity.”
- “I liked that they had a great time, because they were a little reluctant to go to camp. They ended up telling me that I was right and they had so much fun!”
- “My girls tried things they’d never done before because they so thoroughly enjoyed and trusted the counselors.”